Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miri to Kuantan


 

Lagi 3 hari, I am leaving Miri for good. Hopefully everything will be as planned. Excited + nervous nak start keja kat tempat baru. Excited dapat balik semenanjung, nervous sebab tak dapat nak predict my nature of work kat tempat baru, skop keja baru and staf baru yang saling tak kenal. Responsibility kat sana pon lebih besar compare kat sini. Maybe I am so used to repeating the same job that now I am so good at it, make me a little bit nervous thinking that my soon to be boss is expecting something good from me. Funny isn't it when he called sayang telling him I will be working with Rxx Mxx and personally asked him to guide me on technical matters. Sometimes I just think am I good and tough enough to be an engineer, or perhaps I should slow down a bit and go for a less technical job, which I can't think of one...

Kat sini I have bos, senior and colleagues to refer to, how I am going to survive there. Thinking of that make me wanna stay in this office forever, or perhaps reconsider the offer my boss made; stay here for another year and he'll recommend me for permanent post so that I can be transfer to KL. Yes my boss is generous enough and very understanding, but not the management. In fact the management has submitted a candidate for my replacement. Office politics and I am not good at it. I can see in my current office those who stay closer to PM office would probably stay longer than others. Those who serve the PM directly will have a brighter future. Lately I have been gossiping around with officemate about our future in this company. It is a big name in industry but there's no warranty you can serve the company up to end of year at least.

Well it is rezeki masing-masing. You have to do what you have to do. Ever since sayang left for other job, my working momentum is going down bit by bit. The only thing that keeps me going is by making me busy. Sometimes I just can't pretend to be busy like others. It just doesn't work anymore. Luckily sayang is onshore, I just call him whenever I fell like talking to him. Understood he is currently very busy and under pressure, well I just need someone to talk to, someone who would understand thing s I am saying. And I think the biggest trait is that I just can't stand working with my ex-housemates anymore. I tried hard not to think about them, just forgive and forget, but it is hard for me to do it when one of them is sitting next to me. Sometimes she just pulling this diva act in front of me, and I just can't stand that. Yesterday while cleaning up my pc, I found this personality test file and tried it. The result is somehow coincidently true enough…' stay away from traitors and jealous people so that you can be stress-free'. Hopefully I won't be meeting these 'kinds' of people at my new workplace.

Try not to put high expectation on my new employer, hoping that brighter future awaits for me there..Insaallah. As always I pray Allah would permudahkan segala urusan di Miri, I hope Kuantan is going to be an even better place for me. Best of all this year fruit's season, I will be around eating those fruit I had been missing for the past 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment